Fire | Employment Information
"Dedicated to the Safety and Protection of the People"
Thank you for your interest in the Wickenburg Fire Department ("WFD"). Please continue to visit our website or follow us on Facebook for the most up-to-date information. You may also submit a "Notify Me Jobs" with Human Resources to be notified when WFD positions become available.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED and successful completion of a recognized regional fire training academy or alternative equivalent, as determined by the Fire Chief. Must be at least 18 years of age; or an equivalent combination of directly related education and experience.
- Arizona State EMT or Paramedic Certification
- HazMat/First Responder Operations qualified
- Valid Driver's License
Required to Obtain within a Specified Period of Time:
- Successful completion of Basic Wildland Firefighter training as outlined in NWCG 310-1
- Successful completion of Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) from a licensed agency (community college, private testing agency, etc.)
Starting Annual Salary
- $18.13-$25.39 per hour DOQ
- 48/96 schedule (2912 hour)
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- The Town of Wickenburg offers a broad range of benefits click here (see benefits tab)
- Public Safety Personnel Retirement Pension
Wickenburg Fire Department ("WFD") offers full testing services for the position of Fire Fighter through National Testing Network (NTN). To register with NTN and schedule a test, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select ‘Find Jobs’, then select Firefighter Jobs and sign up for Wickenburg Fire Department.
When you visit the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
- Complete the NTN registration process and schedule your test.
- Review all information related to the Wickenburg Firefighter position, including minimum requirements, salary, and benefits.
- Review detailed information about the testing process. Be sure to submit your certifications, licenses, qualifications and CPAT.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions and take an online practice test (if desired).
Upon completion of your scheduled exam, scores are automatically forwarded to WFD. Candidates who attain a passing score on the entry level exam will be placed on WDF's eligibility list. WFD will contact candidates on the list and will invite them to participate in further stages of the selection process.
National Testing Network is a service provided to conduct entry level testing in a standardized, professional environment. National Testing Network does not replace the WFD's responsibility and decision making in the testing process. All candidate results are provided to WFD where the final decisions are made.